NC State welcomes applicants who began their college-level work at another university or community college. More than 25 percent of our current students studied elsewhere before making NC State their home.
To determine if NC State is the right fit for your academic career, we invite you to attend one of our campus tours or transfer information sessions.
To get started, review the admission process for transfer applicants or international transfer applicants. Transfer Facts provides more information about this year’s transfer class.
- Transfer Admission Review
- Transfer Application Procedure
- International Transfer Review
- Recommendations for Competitive Applicants
- Transferable Credits
- NC Community College Four-Year Degree Pathways
- Credit Opportunities AP/IB/CLEP
- Dates and Deadlines
- Find dates when NC State will be in your area
- Curricula Requirements for Major
- Application Update Form (pdf) – spring applicants looking to re-apply for fall
Transfer Admissions Center
Prospective transfer students are welcome to speak with an admissions officer at the Transfer Admissions Center, located at the Joyner Visitor Center, Monday through Friday, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Joyner Visitor Center is located at 1210 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC.
If the Transfer Admissions Center is closed, prospective transfer students may also visit the Undergraduate Admissions Office located in 203 Peele Hall during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.