North Carolina Community College Students
We've provided Baccalaureate Degree Plans for students at North Carolina Community Colleges to help identify NC Community College courses that provide pathways leading to associate degree completion, admission into a major and baccalaureate completion.
North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement
The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) Baccalaureate Degree Plans were created to assist students at the 58 NC Community Colleges to prepare to transfer to NC State.
The community college courses identified were selected for inclusion because they both fulfill requirements for an associate degree and transfer to NC State for credit towards a baccalaureate degree.
- When you apply to NC State, you will apply directly to a specific major.
- Select the academic college your major is in to view the degree plan to assist you in planning out your course schedule.
- Not sure which college your major of interest is in? View our list of majors here.
Following a Baccalaureate Degree Plan does not guarantee admission to NC State or guarantee an AA/AS degree or BA/BS degree will be conferred. The courses included in the pathways can change at any time.
Baccalaureate Degree Plans (BDP’s)
Due to the evolving nature of university curricula, links to some Baccalaureate Degree Plans may be temporarily inactive or unavailable while their content is being reviewed and updated. Please direct questions regarding requirements for a specific major to the programs’ academic department.
- NC State is currently working to provide these Baccalaureate Degree Plans in a format that is more compatible with text-to-speech software.
- If you encounter issues accessing these documents, please contact John Harrington at 919-515-5600 or email@example.com.
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Agricultural Business Management (BS)
- This Baccalaureate Degree Plan is designed for students who complete their AS degree and qualify for the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. Students planning to transfer before completing their associates degree should contact Robin Clements, Coordinator of Advising for Agricultural & Resource Economics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Animal Science (BS): Industry Concentration
- Animal Science (BS): Science Concentration
- Animal Science (BS): Veterinary Bioscience Concentration
- Biochemistry (BS)
- Nutrition Science (BS)
College of Design
Contact the College of Design for more information about planning your transfer pathway.
College of Education
- Elementary Education (BS): STEM Concentration
- Mathematics Education (BS): High School Math Concentration
- Mathematics Education (BS): Middle Grades Math Concentration
- Middle Grades Education (BS): Language Arts & Social Studies Concentration
- Science Education (BS): Biology Licensure Concentration
- Science Education (BS): Middle Grades Science Licensure Concentration
- Science Education (BS): Chemistry Concentration
- Technology, Engineering & Design Education (BS): Licensure Concentration
- Technology, Engineering & Design Education (BS): Graphic Communications
College of Engineering
The NC State College of Engineering designed these Baccalaureate Degree Plans to allow students to complete their BS degree in two years or slightly longer, depending on the major. Due to NC State course offerings and prerequisites, some BDP’s include part-time semester course loads. In order to maintain full-time status, students in these majors may wish to consider a minor or double major.
Please consult your advisor and the NC State College of Engineering to discuss your academic plan.
- Biological Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Science (5-year)
- Construction Engineering – General
- Construction Engineering – Mechanical Construction
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Paper Science Engineering
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Communication (BA): Interpersonal, Organizational & Rhetorical Communication Concentration
- Communication (BA): Communication Media Concentration
- Communication (BA): Public Relations Concentration
- Criminology (BA)
- English (BA): Creative Writing Concentration
- English (BA): Film Concentration
- English (BA): Language, Writing and Rhetoric Concentration
- English (BA): Literature Concentration
- English (BA): Teacher Education Concentration
- History (BA)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (BA)
- International Studies (BA): All Concentrations
- Political Science (BA)
- Political Science (BA): American Politics Concentration
- Political Science (BA): International Politics Concentration
- Political Science (BA): Law and Justice Concentration
- Political Science (BA): Public Policy Concentration
- Psychology (BA): General Psychology Concentration
- Sociology (BA)
- Social Work (BSW)
College of Natural Resources
Poole College of Management
Wilson College of Textiles
The NC State Wilson College of Textiles strongly recommends that students work with both a community college advisor as well as an NC State WCOT transfer advisor before beginning these BDP’s. Completion of our textiles BS degrees may require more than two years of coursework at NC State.
Please visit the Wilson College of Textiles website for more information.
- Fashion and Textile Design (BS): Fashion Design Concentration
- Fashion and Textile Design (BS): Textile Design Concentration
- Fashion and Textile Management (BS): Brand Management & Marketing Concentration
- Fashion and Textile Management (BS): Fashion Development and Product Management Concentration
- Polymer and Color Chemistry (BS): American Chemical Society Certification Concentration
- Polymer and Color Chemistry (BS): Medical Sciences Concentration
- Polymer and Color Chemistry (BS): Science and Operations Concentration
- Textile Technology (BS): Supply Chain Operations Concentration
- Textile Technology (BS): Medical Textiles Concentration
- Textile Technology (BS): Technical Textiles Concentration
- Textile Technology (BS)