Schedule Your Visit
The E. Carroll Joyner Visitor Center conducts campus tours and information sessions throughout the year, excluding University holidays. Prospective students who are interested in a general overview of NC State and the Admissions process are invited to schedule a campus visit.
NC State is a comprehensive research institution. Our campus is large and cannot be covered in a single walking tour. The hour-long tour that we provide through the Joyner Visitor Center covers the parts of campus that are most utilized by first year undergraduate students. Guests are encouraged to explore on their own after the guided tour, and if there are specific places you would like to see while visiting, please ask one of our University Ambassadors who will be happy to point you in the right direction.
The virtual tour is another great way to experience campus: go.ncsu.edu/tour. It is also available as a printed-readable tour.
We are happy to help you make the most of your visit. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Prospective Student Visitation
Weekday campus visits for prospective freshmen include:
- An information session at the Joyner Visitor Center (1210 Varsity Dr. Raleigh, NC) designed for prospective freshmen students. Plan to start here. Parking is available at the Joyner Visitor Center for the session. The session lasts approximately one hour.
- An hour long walking tour of main campus. Parking for the walking tour is available in the Coliseum Deck on Cates Avenue. The cost is $2.00 per hour and is payable by MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Cash is not accepted.
- An optional walking tour of Centennial Campus at 1:30 p.m. on most Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mention your interest in this tour when you arrive for your visit.
Campus visits for prospective transfer students include:
- An information session at the Joyner Visitor Center (1210 Varsity Dr. Raleigh, NC) designed for prospective transfer students. Plan to start here. Parking is available at the Joyner Visitor Center for the session. The session lasts approximately one hour. (Admitted transfer students seeking information about course selection should contact their academic department. Other issues of concern to admitted transfer students will be addressed at New Student Orientation.)
- An hour long walking tour of main campus. Parking for the walking tour is available in the Coliseum Deck on Cates Avenue. The cost is $2.00 per hour and is payable by Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express. Cash is not accepted.
We highly recommend visiting on a weekday when our classes are in session and information sessions are available. However, if your schedule will only allow for a Saturday visit we offer walking tours of main campus on select Saturdays starting at the information desk on the ground level of Talley Student Union. Total time: 60 minutes. Saturday tours are not offered during the summer.
For your specific itinerary and confirmation of your registration please view your confirmation email or login to your wolfPAW account. Please print and bring your confirmation e-mail with you when you visit us. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address listed on your wolfPAW account .
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, NC State will honor requests for reasonable accommodations made by individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests should be submitted at least 10 days before the event so that we may better serve you.
Information Session & Tour Schedule
View the information session times and tour schedule below. Check for availability and register here.
January 9 – April 28
10:00 a.m. – includes 11:15 a.m. walking tour of main campus
1:00 p.m. – includes 2:15 p.m. walking tour of main campus (Not available on Tuesdays)
Fridays, 2:00 p.m. – includes optional walking tour of main campus as available
The Transfer Admissions Center is open at the Visitor Center, Monday-Friday 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Transfer students may use this resource to discuss admissions requirements and ask general questions concerning the university.
We recommend downloading a self guided tour prior to your visit. Please note the self guided tour is available as a smart phone app or as a printed-readable tour.
Academic Program Visitation
Prospective and admitted students who would like to gain a greater understanding about specific academic programs are invited to contact a program in their area of interest for a more customized, close-up look at the NC State experience. The following programs extend visitation options for prospective and admitted students. Click on the program name or contact the program representative to learn more.
Agriculture and Life Sciences
Register for a tour of the College of Design.
Office of Academic Affairs
Register for an information session at the College of Engineering.
Contact the Academic Program coordinator Erin Champion
University College Exploratory Studies
Register for University College Exploratory Studies information session.
Humanities & Social Sciences
Register for an information session.
Life Sciences First Year Program
Register for Life Sciences First Year information session
Poole College of Management
Register for a College of Sciences Information Session.
Delisha Smith, Phone: 919-515-6531
Kent Hester, Phone: 919-515-3780