Why NC State
At NC State we value diversity and welcome international students. Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, we are proud to be home to the most diverse student body in North Carolina hosting students from 117 different countries.
NC State is consistently ranked by leading publications as a top public university in the U.S. for best value, return on investment and employability.
- #3 veterinary medicine program nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- #8 best value among public universities nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- #13 nationally in graduates hired by the top 25 companies in Silicon Valley (HiringSolved)
- #16 nationally in preparing graduates for jobs (Times Higher Education World University Rankings)
- #20 nationally among colleges specializing in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (Forbes)
We are leading the field in producing the graduates America needs, according to U.S. News & World Report. NC State and the city of Raleigh are integral parts of North Carolina’s vibrant Research Triangle region, which is home to many of the country’s leading research and technology companies. Of the 350+ employers who visited NC State University in 2016, the ones with the highest documented levels of recruiting activity among our students were Amazon, Bandwidth, Cisco, Deloitte, Duke Energy, Eaton Corporation, IBM and NetApp.
The Office of International Services is the main resource for international students regarding immigration regulations, university policies, employment and travel. They provide assistance to you and your family as you prepare to arrive on campus and to smooth the transition to studying in the U.S.
Applicants who are academically competitive but do not meet the English proficiency requirements for direct admission may be considered for conditional admission to NC State’s IEP. The IEP is a full-time, non-credit academic program for international students to gain the cultural, academic, and English skills essential for a smooth transition to a degree-seeking program.
#13 nationally in graduates hired by the top 25 companies in Silicon Valley (HiringSolved)