Students will receive one of three decisions after reviewing their early action application.
- Admit- Students admitted right away into their major of interest or second choice major.
- Deferred to Regular Admissions– Students are encouraged to submit fall grades or updated test scores prior to us making a final decision (notification March 30).
- During final review, if we believe students are competitive to be admitted to NC State but have limited space availability, they may be placed on our waitlist. We release final decisions for students on the waitlist by June 15.
- To see a list of frequently asked questions regarding the deferral process, please visit http://admissions.ncsu.edu/defer.
- Deny– Unfortunately, some students will not be considered competitive. If students are denied, we encourage them to consider applying in the future as a transfer student.