NC State Joins National Effort to Boost College Access
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities recently announced the new initiative, Powered by Publics: Scaling Student Success. NC State will work with 129 other land-grant institutions to increase college access, narrow the completion gap and boost the number of degrees awarded by 2025. The institutions have pledged to help create a playbook of adaptable student success reforms that can be adopted and utilized by a variety of institutions, including those with limited resources. Read more about this new initiative here.
This initiative will be in addition to a number of existing programs at NC State, including:
- Pack Promise, which meets 100 percent of the financial need for all students who qualify for federal financial aid.
- Summer START, which offers students the opportunity to complete up to eight credit hours of summer courses and prepares them for the rigors of college life.
- Raleigh College and Community Collaborative, which works to provide mentoring and educational support to low-income students in districts with low college attendance rates.
- The Talent Search program, which provides hands-on counseling to thousands of middle and high school students in North Carolina.
- ASPIRE, the ACT Supplemental Preparation in Rural Education program, which helps bridge the gap in rural high schools’ performance on the ACT.