Freshman Application Procedure
WolfPAW, NC State’s Personal Admissions Website, allows you to create an online profile, apply at your convenience, save your work, and review your changes before submitting a final application. In addition to allowing you to applying online, wolfPAW provides:
- information on campus visits, open houses and tours
- email reminders about important dates and deadlines
A complete application includes:
- non-refundable application fee ($75 for domestic and $100 for international undergraduate applications) (Fee waivers from College Board, ACT or NACAC are accepted for freshman applicants if an original form signed by the high school counselor is received.)
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) list of coursework and grades from each institution attended
- Self-Loaded Unofficial Transcript (SLT) from current high school uploaded through wolfPAW
- Self-Loaded Unofficial Transcript (SLT) from each college and/or university attended uploaded through wolfPAW (if applicable)
- official SAT or ACT scores
- online portfolio and essay (required for studio-based major programs)
The following materials are optional:
- personal statement (recommended and encouraged)
- letter of recommendation (not required and not recommended). If you wish to submit a letter of recommendation, you may upload one letter through your wolfPAW account. Letters sent via mail, email or fax will NOT be reviewed and will be discarded.
Once students have confirmed their intent to enroll at the University, upon graduation they are required to submit their final official transcript from each institution attended.
If you attended another college after graduating from high school (or after earning the GED), then see the Transfer Students Application Requirements. If you were ever previously enrolled as a degree student at NC State, contact Registration and Records about readmission.
If you are a U.S. Permanent Resident, you will need to submit a copy of your Green Card. Applicants who are neither U.S. citizens nor U.S. Permanent Residents should see the International Students page of our website for applications procedures and deadlines.
After you Apply
Your decision will be displayed on your wolfPAW account after your complete application has been received and reviewed. See Dates and Deadlines for your application’s notification date.
The decision may be “admitted,” “deferred,” or “denied”:
- If you are admitted, see our Admitted page for instructions on how to confirm your enrollment.
- If your application is deferred for Final Deadline, we will ask you to report your first semester senior grades online. Students who submit complete applications by January 15 will be considered for Final Deadline and notified of their admission status in late March.
- If your application is denied, you can apply as a transfer student after completing the transfer criteria.