How to Apply
- Review our deadlines – Stay up to date with when to apply. The application will be available in August. Make sure you pay attention to the additional requirements and timelines if you are applying for a Studio-Based Major or the Agricultural Institute.
- Plan your path – Once you identify which major you are interested in applying for, review our recommendations for competitive applicants to set yourself up to be the most competitive in the review process.
- Complete the application – Submit the application through the Common App or the Coalition App – we do not have a preference. For Studio-Based Majors, you will need to submit a portfolio with your application.
- Pay the application fee – There is an $85 application fee ($100 for international applicants).
- Submit your transcript(s) – Request an official transcript from each institution you have attended to be sent directly to our office. Your high school transcript is only required if you are under the age of 21 or have less than 30 transferable college credit hours when you submit your application.
- Check your status – We encourage you to check your wolfPAW account frequently throughout the application process. You can see which documents we have received or what may still be missing. Your wolfPAW account is also where we will notify you of your final admission decision.
If you are applying for one of the following programs make sure to submit your application by the October 15. In addition to completing the steps above, you should also submit an art portfolio by November 1.
- Art & Design
- Fashion & Textile Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
Your wolfPAW account will be your one stop for all information regarding your application.Sign In
After You Apply
Once you’ve submitted the application we will be in touch. You’re not done quite yet – there are just a few more steps.
- Confirm your wolfPAW account – Once your application is submitted, within a couple of days, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your wolfPAW account. Your wolfPAW account will be your one stop for all information regarding your application. Follow the link in the email to create your wolfPAW account to access your application information and view the materials we have on file for you.
- Check your email for updates to your application – Your email address on your application is how we will contact you. Make sure to check it at least once a week to stay up to date with your application status.
- Submit any missing items – After your application is submitted and processed, we will let you know if we are missing any required materials on your wolfPAW account under your To Do List. When materials are received, they will have a green check beside them. Your patience is appreciated as we work as quickly as possible to add your documents to your file once received. It typically takes 2-3 weeks once received for materials to be processed and reflected on your wolfPAW account.
- Complete the FAFSA – The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available each October 1. To be considered for federal aid and state and institutional need-based financial aid you must submit a FAFSA. We encourage you to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1 – you do not need to wait for a final admission decision. You are given first consideration for all need-based scholarship and grant assistance awarded by the university if you apply by the March 1 priority deadline.
- Available – October 1
- Priority Deadline – March 1
- School code 002972
- View your decision – You will be notified of your admission decision on your wolfPAW account. We release all decisions on the notification date corresponding to the application deadline for the semester you apply for. We will make one of three decisions after reviewing your application. Some students we are able to admit right away, for fall applicants we may ask that you submit your spring grades before we make a final decision, and unfortunately some will not be considered competitive. If you are denied, we encourage you to review our recommendations for competitive applicants and apply again in the future.