NC State is proud to welcome transfer students. Many members of our student body began their college level work at a university or community college elsewhere, but found a positive college experience when they transferred here. Keep in mind that transfer spaces are limited, and the application process is different than for other first year students.
- Transfer students must apply by April 1 for the fall semester*, but we recommend a much earlier application date. The earlier you apply, the more quickly your application will be processed and the more quickly you will know how to make your plans.
- All documents necessary for consideration of your application must be received by the same deadline date as the application date, though we recommend that earlier is better.
- November 1 is the application deadline for spring applications, but we recommend that you apply well before that date to ensure that we have plenty of time to process your application so that you can make your plans accordingly. Again, be sure that your documents are also submitted by that deadline date.
- International applicants must apply by August 15 for the spring semester and February 1 for the fall semester.
* The deadline to submit an application, supporting documents, and portfolio/essay for studio based majors in the College of Design is November 1.
Here are the applications and information you need to get the transfer process started: