International High School Counselor Fly-In
North Carolina State University invites you to register for our International High School Counselor Fly-In.
It is an exciting time at NC State, from opening the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, the 14th most beautiful library in the world (Best Value Schools, 2014) to hosting President Obama to announce an NC State led $140 million initiative, the Next Generation Power Electronics National Manufacturing Innovation Institute. We invite you to come to see first-hand how NC State and Raleigh, North Carolina can offer your students a world class education in one of the best places to live in the world.
• 4th in Best Overall Public University Value (Princeton Review/USA Today, 2014)
• A top-10 “up-and-comer” among public universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
• 31st among public American research universities (Lombardi Rankings, 2011)
• 26th among public universities in total research expenditures (Lombardi Rankings, 2011)
• 5th in undergraduate biological and agricultural engineering (U.S. News & World Report, 2014)
• 6th in undergraduate operations/supply chain management (Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013)
• 15% of Overall Top Worldwide Universities (Shanghai Rankings, 2013)
What you need to know
- You will need to fly into Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU).
Please note that your travel expenses to Raleigh, North Carolina will not be covered by NC State. We will pay for a one-way flight from Raleigh to Tampa, Florida if you are participating in the OACAC conference.
- The first activity on Sunday, July 6th is a group dinner at 7pm.
- Transportation to and from RDU airport will be provided by the host hotel, Embassy Suites Raleigh – Crabtree.
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport is 10 miles (20 minutes) from the host hotel.
- Complimentary hotel accommodations include single occupancy, checking in Sunday, July 6 and checking out Tuesday, July 8.
- All counselor fly-in participants will be staying at the Embassy Suites Raleigh – Crabtree.
- Hotel check-in is at 3:00pm and check-out is at 12:00pm
- We will cover the cost of all of your meals during your visit to NC State University.
Tentative schedule of events
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Arrival and dinner with office of undergraduate admissions staff at 7:00pm. Hotel check-in begins at 3:00pm.
Monday, July 7, 2014
Meet with various academic departments, tour James B. Hunt Jr. Library, attend an admissions information session, and meet with the Office of International Services.
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Breakfast at the hotel and departure by shuttle to the airport. Check-out is at 12:00pm.
Facts about Raleigh
We encourage you to try dining on-campus. There are several eateries within Talley Student Union that open as early as 7:30am. For eatery options and hours of operation, please click here. If you wish to step off-campus, there are a number of dining options conveniently located in close proximity to Experience NC State activities such as Hillsborough Street, Mission Valley, Cameron Village, and Western Boulevard. There is also an array of unique and diverse restaurants in downtown Raleigh within 1-2 miles of campus.
For those interested in purchasing official NC State University merchandise, the University Bookstore is open and located near the Brickyard in Harrelson Hall. If you want to extend your shopping experience, there are also several unique shops along Hillsborough Street and in nearby Cameron Village Shopping Center (both of which are either within walking distance or a very short drive from main campus). Additionally two large malls are within 5 miles of campus: Cary Town Center and Crabtree Valley both offering additional shopping and dining options.
NC State “Wolfpack” athletic venues are spread throughout campus. There is a deep Pack Pride among our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. For more information on athletics and teams, visit www.gopack.com For an overview of all athletic facilities: http://www.gopack.com/facilities/ncstate-facilities.html
Click Here to Register by Friday, April 11.
Please note that 14 counselors will ultimately be selected from the list of registrants. Before you register, make sure you have reviewed the information above and have received approval to participate in the fly-in should you be selected. We will let you know by April 18 if you are selected.
If you have any questions, contact Jeong Powell, Director of International Admissions, at email@example.com.