admissions video contest!
Post by John Taylor
If you’ve been accepted to NC State, at this point I know that I am not the first to congratulate you and nor will I be the last, but congratulations from me to you! I want to tell you about a contest that I have been designing over the last few months, so that you get the chance to show up all of your future classmates! So check your email!
I would like to invite you to participate in the first ever NC State Admissions Video Contest! What this contest entails is for you to submit a one minute video via YouTube to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this video, tell us why you want to attend NC State. Do you love the campus? Excited about academics? Did we have a major that you couldn’t find anywhere else? Do you REALLY love the football and basketball teams? Whatever it is that made you choose NC State as your school of choice, tell us! I encourage you to make this video creative, this is your chance to show us what makes you, you! I also ask that should you submit a video, it not be slanderous to NC State, and we reserve the right to disqualify a video for any reason. This video should also be your original work and not the work of someone else. When you email us a link to the video, include the following statement:
“I understand that by submitting this video, I have read and understand the Official Contest Rules, and I am granting permission for NC State to use, reproduce, or distribute and release the video to the public in any manner and in any medium without payment of any fee, and in perpetuity.”
“Why would I want to do this video?”
First off, because we are offering the winner a one time, $1,000 scholarship to NC State ! (Be sure to see the official rules for more details.)
But wait! There’s more! Not only is it a way to spread your face around campus before you even get to school, there are even more give-aways involved! Should your video be selected as the winner, you will also be featured on the NC State Admissions YouTube Channel as the Featured Video of the Month for the month of July, and you will receive a NC State prize pack to help you get ready for the Fall semester! Two Runner Ups will receive a NC State prize pack too!
“How will you decide the winner?”
The winner is decided by our panel of Student Interns and Admissions Counselors. Our panel will judge the video based on creativity (25%), presentation (25%), and overall impact (50%). Each video, once approved, will be added to the Undergraduate Admissions YouTube page (http://www.youtube.com/admissionsncstate). At that point, you should encourage your friends, relatives, and coworkers to sign onto YouTube and like your video! We want to hear from everyone you know! That being said, we will be reviewing each video submitted based on the criteria found in our official rules.
Have I successfully drawn your interest to this contest? I hope so. For more information and complete contest rules, check out admissions.ncsu.edu/videocontest, and check out the video that Tony Hankerson (@ncsu_tony) and I designed and built . I cannot wait to watch all of your videos, as I have been working on this since late December. It is always good to see a project reach completion! Go Pack!