Come Explore Wolfpack Country
Post by Natalie McCook
The best way to decide if a college is the right fit for you is to visit. This allows you to see the campus in action and get a feel for what it would be like to be a student! I always advise students to come during the week when school is in session. A campus with 35,000 students feels VERY different when students are walking around, going to class, sitting on the lawn, etc. compared to when students are on break. Take the time to spend a day on campus and go inside the academic buildings, talk to current students, try out one of the three dining halls or grab some coffee at one of the 6 Port City Java Cafes across campus. Don’t be afraid to pretend you are a student for the day and hopefully you will realize why NC State is the place for you!
To make it easier for you, listed below are some of the dates available for you to come visit NC State this spring.
General Information Sessions and Tours
- Monday-Friday 10:00am & 1:00pm with campus tours immediately following (Tuesdays – session and tour only available at 10:00am)
- Saturday campus tours available: 1/26, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23. 3/16, 3/23, 4/6, 4/13, 4/20
- To register: Log on to your wolfPAW account and select Visit Campus (on left hand side of the page) then choose a date and time that is available
TIP: sessions tend to fill up fast during spring break so register early!
College Specific Visitation Days
Textiles Open House: Saturday, February 9th 10:00am-2:00pm
Engineering Open House: Saturday, March 16 9:00am-1:00pm
First Year College: Various Fridays 1:30-3:00pm, check their website for more information
Agriculture and Life Sciences: Spend a Day at State, check their website for various dates
Natural Resources: PGM Visitation Day 3/26 **for HS sophomores and juniors ONLY**, Info Sessions are available for students interested in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management and students may set up individual visits as well, check website for dates
Management: Make a Date with State 2/16 & 3/16
If you have questions about these visitation days please contact the respective college directly!
Transfer Advising Center
- We offer transfer students the opportunity to walk-in to our Transfer Center at the Joyner Visitor Center Monday-Friday 1:00-4:30pm to discuss the transfer admissions process
Information Sessions and Tours
- Transfer specific info sessions are offered Fridays at 2:00pm and are followed by an optional walking tour as available
Please note transfer students may also attend some college specific visitation days, so make sure to check out what is available to you!
If you can’t work out attending one of the scheduled visits then you may do a self-guided tour of campus. And for those of you who can not make it to campus we offer a virtual campus tour you can checkout on your iphone or android from anywhere!