Freshman Admission Review Process
NC State Undergraduate Admissions employs a holistic approach in reviewing students’ applications. Competitive freshman applicants take a rigorous college-prep curriculum and maintain at least a B+ average throughout high school. However, we also consider a range of accomplishments and qualifications, including:
- overall Grade Point Average (GPA) and class rank
- SAT or ACT scores (no more than 5 years old)
- extracurricular activities, including leadership and community service
- UNC-system Minimum Course Requirements
- registration with the NC Division of Non-public Education (for home-schooled applicants)
Please note: Students taking college-level courses while in high school (dual enrollment), including Early College High School, are freshman applicants for admission purposes.